Tuesday, October 15, 2013

A new cover coming soon for Miri Attwater and the Ocean's Secret

So I've been a bit busy lately working on a bunch of technical details to move my author website and blog to a new site, esivy.com. If you're interested in crafts and other things that occupy my mind, hop on over and check it out.

But we've also been busy with a whole new cover design for Miri Attwater and the Ocean's Secret! I still love the old cover, but when we were trying to come up with a cover for Book 2, Miri Attwater and All that Glitters, things just weren't working. Among other things, we wanted to make the books look friendlier and more colorful.

This, of course, has the drawback that it's slowing down the release of All that Glitters. So in the meantime I thought I'd show you some progress on the new covers.

TechnoTim started by drawing a bunch of different sketches for Miri using pencil and paper. I critiqued them and he tweaked them. Here's the one we finally decided looks just like Miri.


Let me know what you think. Does the drawing look like Miri to you?

2 comments:

  1. Love the redesign! The eyes are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like it! It was interesting to work with TechnoTim on this, because we're both learning. Everyone knows the eyes are important, but it was interesting to see *what* was important. For example, at first Miri had no eyelashes :), but a bunch of eye lashes made her look like she was wearing make-up, older. I think the things that turned out to be important were the lashes in the corners and then a heavier line on top than on the bottom of the eye.

    ReplyDelete